H. H. Dow High (insert sports team):
This year, the Charger Charge fundraiser is going virtual, and we need your support!
Last year, we had a great response to the door-to-door sales of our Charger Cards led by Boosters, coaches and athletes and supported by our community. The year 2020 has presented challenges. The Covid-19 pandemic and the impact of the Midland/Sanford flood and their effects on local businesses have made it impossible to replicate last year’s fundraiser. The situation has led us to take the Charger Charge virtual and offer another way to support our Dow High athletic teams!
The 2020 Charger Charge campaign is running from November 16 – December 31 with a goal of raising $30,000. We are asking for all Charger families, friends, alumni and fans to consider chipping in to help us reach our goal. You can find more information or donate online at: www.dowsportsboosters.com
Now is the time to rally together with our fellow athletic teams and make sure that our student athletes have what they need, when they need it. Please help us raise awareness of the H. H. Dow High Sports Boosters Club and encourage our teams, friends, neighbors and businesses to support and help lead the Charge!
Please donate today and stay tuned. Dow Sports Boosters will be providing periodic progress updates on the status toward our Charger Charge goal. DHS Student Leadership (in coordination with our student athletes) also will be posting fun videos to be shared via social media.
Thank you for your support, and go, Dow!
CHARGER CHARGE Fundraiser Talking Points
MAIN EMPHASIS - In a world that looks different, now is the time to rally together and make sure that our students athletes have what they need – whatever their seasons look like or when played. Please help us raise awareness of the H. H. Dow High Sports Boosters Club and encourage your teams, friends, neighbors and local businesses to become supporters and help lead the Charger Charge!
- The Dow High Sports Boosters Club made the difficult decision not to sell Charger Cards for the 2020/21 school year due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the effect that the Midland/Sanford flood had on our local businesses. Concession sales at Dow High School sporting events also were limited and now have been halted due to MDHHS epidemic mandates. Both of these activities were major fundraisers for the Sports Boosters Club.
- Please help us raise awareness of the H. H. Dow High Sports Boosters Club and encourage your teams, friends, neighbors and businesses to become supporters of our student athletes and help lead the charge for our sports programs! The Sports Boosters Club is responsible for funding the uniforms, equipment needs and tournament fees for all Dow High sports teams.
- The 2020 Charger Charge fundraising campaign will run from Nov. 16 – Dec. 31 with a goal of raising $30,000.
- To donate or find more information, visit: www.dowsportsboosters.com.
- This initiative is an opportunity for individuals and businesses to support our student athletes directly and keep Dow High athletic teams healthy and strong.
- Donations of $25 dollars or more will get you a limited-edition Dow High Sports Boosters T-shirt and window cling.
BOOSTERS CLUB FAST FACTS
- Supports 26 teams
- Purchases all varsity letters and certificates
- Pays for team uniforms and replaces uniforms every five years. The 2020/2021 plans are to spend $25,000 on uniform replacement for volleyball, boys tennis, football, boys soccer and boys & girls lacrosse
- Budgets more than $12,000 a year for balls and equipment for our athletic teams
- Paid for a significant portion of the sound system in the Gold Gym
- Paid for mats used by pom and wrestling
- Purchased scoreboards in the Green Gym and pool
- Provided timers and pads for our swimmers
- Provided lane lines and paint
- Purchased canopies for tennis
- Provided an end zone camera for use by soccer and lacrosse
- Pays for the school's HUDL account
- Contributes to hockey ice time fees
- Purchased a shooting machine for basketball
- Pays for supplies used by the athletic trainer to keep our athletes healthy and ready to compete
- Pays for pom competition fees
- Purchased a baseball screen
Contributed to equipment for the weight room at the Midland Civic Arena