Student Athletes receive an annual athletic pass at no extra charge when they fulfill their activity fee obligation. We encourage students who participate in Dow High athletics to pay their activity fee in the fall to take full advantage of this pass during the 2019-2020 school year. Student Picture Day is Monday, September 9th. Students should receive their school picture ID athletic pass within a week of this date. They may stop by the main office to pick up their ID.
All student athletes must pay their $150 activity fee prior to the first day of practice/tryouts. For fall sports, these dates are August 14th for Volleyball/Swim and August 12th for all other fall sports.
Athletes must complete the following in order to practice or tryout:
1. Athletic Registration Form complete (online at https://dowchargers.com/) - Opens on July 8th
2. Athletic Physical Form complete (drop off or upload online) Blank form available at this link: https://www.mhsaa.com/portals/0/Documents/health%20safety/physical2page.pdf
3. Activity Fee Requirement complete (one of the following three)
- $150 Paid online at https://www.schoolpay.com/login
- 2019-2020 Free and Reduced Lunch application completed at https://lunchapp.com/
- An email to the DHS Athletic Director – John Streeter – email@example.com asking for a scholarship due to financial hardship.
Athletes should stop by the DHS main office (located at Siebert Elementary due to construction) prior to the first day of practice/tryouts to verify they have completed all requirements. 7:00am-4:00pm from Monday, August 5th – Thursday, August 8th are the best time/days to accomplish this. Once completed, the athlete will be issued a “Charger Athletic Card” to be presented to the athlete’s coach on the first day of practice. The card will grant permission for the athlete to begin practice. No Card = No Practice. This card will also serve as a temporary pass to all athletic events prior to the issuance of the photo ID.
Athletes are not allowed to participate in practices/tryouts until fees have been paid. A refund will be issued to any athlete that does not make the team or suffers a season-ending injury prior to the mid-point of the season for which the Activity Fee has been paid. The injury must preclude the athlete from participating in one-half or more of the regularly scheduled contests. A medical authorization letter must accompany all such requests. Requests for refunds must be made to the athletic department before the season’s midpoint.
*** Registration for 2019-20 H.H. Dow Athletics Opens on July 8th at https://dowchargers.com/
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact the Athletic Office at 989-923-5582.
H. H. Dow High School